Skip to content

Forums

• Read updates on Forum functionality

> Service Annoucements

• Please give us feedback, report problems or suggest improvements. Please remember to include the URL of the page. 

>
SEND US AN EMAIL

You are in... Forums > My Time > House & Home > Why am I getting slugs inside my home?

This is a discussion topic

This topic is a discussiom topic, linked to a page in this site. You can navigate to the linked page by clicking on the link in the topic.

Go to most recent reply

suzanne waite

May 08

Why am I getting slugs inside my home?

How on earth are slugs getting inside my bungalow? I seem to have had a sudden "invasion" - is it possible I have somehow brought them in on shoes or mops or would there be a reason they have started to come inside?

Patsy Waite

Reply to this Topic 

ESanGee@aol.com

Apr 07

RE: How on earth are slugs getting inside my bungalow? I seem to have had a sudden "invasion" - is it possible I have somehow brought them in on shoes or mops or would there be a reason they have started to come inside?

No idea but I also have slugs at night on the bathroom walls!

Reply to this Topic 

mollie.b

Nov 06

mollie.b says:

RE: How on earth are slugs getting inside my bungalow? I seem to have had a sudden "invasion" - is it possible I have somehow brought them in on shoes or mops or would there be a reason they have started to come inside?

We also get slugs inside our house - do you have pets?  They sometimes bring them in on their fur/hair.

Alternatively, do you have an outside pipe from your sink, washer etc. Slugs can get through the tiniest hole.

I have sometimes got up during the night and found three or four wandering round the kitchen floor.

Not pleasant  - have you tried sprinkling salt near your outlets etc

Reply to this Topic 

VAL SOLLY

Aug 08

VAL SOLLY says:

I get the beastly things as well . Will try the salt near the waste pipes of the sink . THANKS.

Reply to this Topic 

heartsease

Oct 08

heartsease says:

I have had a few inside occasionally. I usually go mad with the salt across my doorways, all around the outside of my bungalow, round all grids and anywhere else I can think of. It costs me a fortune in in salt, but it makes me feel better.

LOVE HEALS EVERYONE - both those who give it and those who receive it. (Anthony de Mello)

Reply to this Topic 

francesam

Oct 08

francesam says:

You can buy a metal type slug tape and put it around the places were slugs might come through. Worked for us

Reply to this Topic 

QUE SERA SERA

Apr 08

Hi! I have just found one of the biggest things in my kitchen this morning ewwwwww! I had alot coming in not last year but the year before, so don't ask me what I did differently!! But I am going to put some slug pellets out and the salt, also I trhough water with bleach or disenfenctant down my steps so it goes down the cracks incase they get in that way!

Ps just remember to wear slippers before going downstairs in the night or morning lol

JULES

Reply to this Topic 

KadenKoby

May 11

KadenKoby says:

From my knowledge, the slugs are numerous when it is a fine weather for young ducks. Though I don't have anything against them I wouldn't like to see them on my new Restava bed. I hope that they won't make you any damages.

Reply to this Topic 

QuentinOcean

May 11

QuentinOcean says:

I really don't have any idea about how the slugs are getting in your home. From what I know, there is a higher probability in a flat roofing house. Still, I don't think that they're in a rush to do damages.

Reply to this Topic 

ping123

Jan 11

ping123 says:

After creating supplier conduct attempt in June 2004, IBM developed a tutorial to alternation added than 4,000 accretion admiral 70-646 dumps to attending at the activity and ecology practices of abeyant suppliers at the aforementioned time as questions of cost, affection and commitment of articles and services.

“It’s important your workforce is acquainted of the program, so they are able to be the ambassadors on a circadian basis,” says John Gabriel, IBM’s Manager of Accumulation Alternation Amusing Responsibility.
By creating the principles, and training its all-around accretion workforce, IBM is accomplishing the Holy Grail of accumulated amusing albatross (CSR) efforts today: integration. That is, IBM is brain dumps aberrant amusing and ecology apropos into its amount business practices. As abounding of its admiral like to say, accumulated amusing albatross is “part and parcel” of how IBM does business.
“A lot of companies are absolutely alive on this, disturbing to accomplish abiding [CSR] is integrated,” says Rev. David Schilling, Director of the All-around Accumulated Accountability Affairs for the Interfaith Center on Accumulated Responsibility, a accumulation of 275 faith-based institutional investors. “We’ve formed with many, abounding companies in the accumulation chain—in the apparel, footwear, toy and automotive industries—and you can acquaint appealing 642-902 dumps bound whether the CSR action and the accumulation alternation activity standards are accessory or amount to the business approach,” he continues. “I anticipate IBM is absolutely aggravating to adjust those two, which is critical.”
A lot of absorption is actuality paid today to the affair of amalgam amusing and ecology apropos into amount business practices. In a 2006 abode blue-blooded “From Challenge to Opportunity: The Role of Business in Tomorrow’s Society,” admiral from the Apple Business Council for Sustainable Development say businesses will accomplish their better addition to association through amount business operations—“through technologies and articles that accredit the apple to abode its ecology and amusing challenges.” Real civic change, the abode asserts, will not appear from 70-536 dumps altruistic efforts.

Reply to this Topic 

scortonlass

May 11

scortonlass says:

Hi, I was looking for an answer as it happens to us. WE cannot see where they are coming in either. Sandra

Reply to this Topic 

Page

Post a message in House & Home

To post a reply to this topic, please Log In.

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to our terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. Read full terms of use

Receive our newsletter