Wasabi steak salad
This salad is high in protein and low in carbs
- 150g (5oz) essential Waitrose Broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 essential Waitrose British Sirloin Steak, trimmed
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Juice ½ essential Waitrose Lemon
- 100g (4oz) bag essential Waitrose Mixed Salad
- 200g (7oz) essential Waitrose Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 2
PER SERVING: 345 cals 19g fat (sat fat 4.4g)
- Cook the broccoli in a steamer or colander over a pan of simmering water for 4-5 mins until just tender.
- Meanwhile, spread the steak with the wasabi paste on both sides. Heat 2 tsp oil in a frying pan and fry the steak for 2 mins on each side (for rare). Allow to rest for 2-3 mins before thinly slicing.
- Whisk the lemon juice with the remaining oil and season, toss into the salad with the tomatoes and broccoli and serve topped with the steak.
Recipe from: www.waitrose.com/recipes
For more delicious recipes see Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.