Chicken skewers with tzatziki
This super-easy dish is great for your health!
- Chicken skewers:
- 4 skewers
- 500g (17oz) of chicken breast, chopped into squares
- 2 zucchini, cut into halves
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of thyme
- 30ml (1oz) of extra virgin olive oil
- 250ml (8oz) of Greek yoghurt
- ½ a fresh cucumber
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp of paprika
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
PER SERVING: n/a
- To make the tzatziki Grate the ½ cucumber. Dice a few mint leaves.
- Pour the Greek yoghurt into a serving bowl, adding the grated cucumber. Stir in the chopped garlic and the paprika. Pour in a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, and add the diced mint leaves.
- Add a little extra flavour with a small amount of salt and pepper if you feel it needs it.
- To make the chicken skewers coat the chicken with a thin layer of olive oil. Grill chicken pieces separately on low heat for 15 minutes (or until cooked through). Add some salt, oregano and thyme for flavour.
- While the chicken is cooking, cut the zucchini into thin strips.
- Once the chicken is ready, remove it from the heat. Do not turn grill off yet.
- Roll zucchini strips and place each slice on a skewer with a piece of chicken breast. Repeat until skewer is full.
- Place the skewer on the heat for two minutes for zucchini to brown slightly. Add any more oregano and thyme to flavour the zucchini.
- Remove from skewer and serve with tzatziki.
- For more delicious recipes get the latest copy of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday