INTRODUCTION TO UNLOCKING THE CASH FROM YOUR HOME
A lifetime mortgage, the most popular type of equity release plan, is a means of releasing a tax-free cash lump sum from the value built up in your home
Yours has partnered with the UK’s No.1 independent equity release specialist, Key Retirement to bring you a quick and easy way to see how much cash you could release from your home.
If you've owned your home for a number of years it's likely you've built up equity in it. Although downsizing could be an option, a lifetime mortgage could allow you to release this wealth from your home in the form of a tax-free lump sum, without having to move.
- To qualify for a lifetime mortgage you must be aged between 55 and 95, and own a property worth at least £60,000
- You can spend the tax-free cash as you wish
- Like a traditional mortgage, a lifetime mortgage is secured against your home and there are typically no monthly repayments to make as the loan, plus roll up interest, is repaid when the plan comes to an end
- With a lifetime mortgage your home remains entirely your own and you can stay living in it for the rest of your life
- You will never owe more than the value of your home with Equity Release Council approved plans
- You can guarantee an inheritance with some plans
- Equity release will reduce the value of your estate and may affect your entitlement to means-tested benefits
There are a wide range of plans available and the growth in the market is encouraging new innovations. Key Retirement will recommend a plan that matches your particular needs and circumstances.
Equity release plans are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
It’s important to seek specialist advice when looking to release cash from your home as it is a major financial decision, which isn’t right for everyone. Consulting with a specialist adviser (like those at Key Retirement), will help you to explore all your options fully and have the various different possibilities explained to you
- To find out more about releasing cash from your home, speak to one of our experts today by calling FREE on 0808 156 9010, or download your copy of our FREE Guide.
- Instant results await – use our FREE online calculator to see how much you could release.
- Unless you decide to go ahead, Key’s service is completely free of charge, as its typical advice fee of 1.65% of the amount released would only be payable on completion of a plan.